Wild Earth Pinot Noir Central Otago 2012

£17.99

SILVER - DWWA 2016

TASTING NOTE

Deep purple hues. Lifted dark plums and spice on the nose with a touch of perfumed violets and toasty oak. Rich, sweet fruit flavours of cherries, plums and raspberries, together with spice and a hint of charry oak. A concentrated wine, with lovely fine grained tannins on the palate and a very long finish.  

Several fermentations were undertaken for this blend from different clones. 90% of the fruit was de-stemmed, pressed, settled, and fermented slowly in open top stainless steel tanks. The other 10% was fermented whole. The must was left for five days on cold soak and lightly pumped over once a day. The fermenters were warmed and inoculated with yeast to ferment the wines till dry. The wines were plunged twice a day and the fermenters peaked at 32°C. The wines spent three to four weeks on the skin to extract optimum colour, tannin and aromatics. The wines were gently drained, pressed and tank settled for three days, then racked to French oak barriques (30% new). Malolactic fermentation took place in the barrels in December. The wine was racked out of barrel and blended in March, then settled in tank through autumn, filtered in July and bottled in October.

13.8% abv

Wild Earth Pinot Noir Central Otago 2012
Product Images (click to enlarge)
  • Wild Earth Pinot Noir Central Otago 2012